Most Recent Updates From www.FloridaWhig.com

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Henry Kelley - FL Congressional District 1





For more information about Henry Kelley, click here.

The following comes directly from the Henry Kelley campaign website; it makes sense:

I will follow the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Florida.


I will read all bills before voting on anything. I will ensure that legislation is within Constitutional frameworks. I will not support legislation that I believe violates the US Constitution or State of Florida Constitution. I will not pass unfunded mandates that cause an increase in taxes at the State of Florida level. I will work to ensure Congress is upholding its Constitutional authority as intended by the original framers of the Constitution.


Keep taxes low.

Congress alone has the Constitutional authority for taxes, I will sign on and support HR 25, the Fair Tax Bill, and I will work hard to pass this bill to reform our tax structure and return the tax power to individuals and away from Congress. The measure introduces a responsible way to provide transparent revenues to the Federal Government.


Spend responsibly.


The US government is borrowing 40% of its operating budget. Social Security and Medicare are going broke. I will not vote for new spending programs until we show an overall reduction in government spending. Congress has the Constitutional responsibility for fiscal policy, and I will work to ensure Congress works within a balanced budget with revenues generated from the Fairtax bill.

Promote and defend all freedom.


I believe that we traded freedom for security after 9/11 and will resist efforts to regulate the internet, or other forms of communication. I believe in the Bill of Rights, and will work to ensure all aspects of the Bill of Rights are kept free. As a veteran of Desert Storm, I support the military and efforts to protect as from terrorists. At the same time, I will be a zealous guard of my fellow Floridian’s privacy and rights under the 4th and 5th amendments.


Keep elected leaders accountable and demand transparency.

I will post any bills on my website for all to read. I will hold regular town hall meetings and conference calls with my constituents. I will post on my website any meetings I am invited to by lobbyists or other special interest groups. No exceptions for Congress – I will not vote for any legislation that excludes Congress from the provisions of the bill.

I will share my own faults – I have 2 divorces, had to declare bankruptcy and lost my home due to financial problems. I understand the pressures on the middle class, and will strive to improve the lives of that group. I have had 6 figure incomes and lost it due to a business deal gone badly because I didn’t research it well enough. I will not make that mistake again, either personally or with legislation that I will vote on. This is the level of transparency you should expect of me, and any elected official on all levels – Federal, State and Local.

Individual responsibility is the cornerstone of freedom.


We are responsible for our own actions. I faced my own mistakes and have decided to work hard to ensure that others have the most protection possible from special interests, but Americans also have a responsibility to be involved, be educated and stay informed. For too long I stood on the sidelines while both political parties took advantage of the taxpayers, and I have decided enough is enough. I have long read and studied legislation and will act in the best interest of the First District of Florida, and not a political party or special interest group.

No comments:

Ballot-Access.org

IndependentPoliticalReport.com

USAElectionPolls.com